Sarah Jakes Roberts is a preacher, self-help author, and motivational speaker in the United States. She and her husband, Toure Roberts, co-pastor The Potter’s House at One LA and The Potter’s House Denver. She’s also the daughter of popular Christian Bishop, T.D. Jakes.
Known for her inspirational messages and teachings, Sarah is a prominent author and speaker. She’s recognized for her unique perspective, connecting with diverse audiences, and focusing on personal growth, faith, and empowerment.
Sarah has authored books like “Lost and Found: Finding Hope in the Detours of Life” and “Don’t Settle for Safe: Embracing the Uncomfortable to Become Unstoppable.” Drawing from her life experiences, she encourages others to navigate their journeys with faith and resilience.
Aside from writing, Sarah is a sought-after speaker at conferences, events, and church gatherings. She co-pastors with her husband at The Potter’s House at One LA and The Potter’s House Denver.
Active on social media, Sarah shares thoughts, insights, and encouragement with her followers, gaining a significant following due to her engaging presence and relatable approach to faith and personal development.
Sarah was born on July 17, 1988, to T.D. Jakes and Serita Jakes. She grew up with four siblings: Jermaine, Cora, Jamar, and Thomas Jr.
Despite being in a pastor’s family, Sarah felt out of place and desired a normal life. Eventually, she became content with blending into the background.
At 13, she became pregnant, causing controversy in the church community due to her father’s strong stance on abstinence. While raising her son Malachi, she worked hard to graduate from high school early. Sarah took a job as a waitress at a strip club to support herself and married NFL star Robert Henson at 19. However, they divorced when she was 23.
Sarah was once married to NFL star Robert Henson, and they had a daughter. However, the couple divorced after four years. She later married Toure Roberts, her second husband, in November 2014. They first met in the spring of the same year. Toure is also a pastor at One (A Potter’s House Church).
Toure and Sarah welcomed their daughter, Ella Roberts, on February 10, 2016. Together, they are proud parents of six children from their current and previous marriages. Sarah loves and supports her children in everything they do, being a great mom.
Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts graduated in the top 10% of her high school class. She started at Texas Christian University when she was 16 and earned a bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
Sarah co-pastors ONE (A Potter’s House Church) with her husband, Touré Roberts. They were previously at The Potters House at One LA and The Potter’s House Denver. In 2017, Sarah founded Woman Evolve, a ministry focused on helping every woman reach her greatest potential. Since then, Woman Evolve has effectively reached and assisted thousands of women in healing, wholeness, and self-love.
Despite her past, Sarah decided to transform from the insecure and fearful young girl into the powerhouse wife, mother, businesswoman, and leader she is today.
Now, Sarah Jakes Roberts is redefining what it means to be a modern woman of faith.
Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts has received numerous honors, including being celebrated as a National Overcomer by Pat and Emmitt Smith Charities in partnership with Good Morning America co-host, Robin Roberts. She has also been featured in various media outlets, including The Today Show, Dr. Phil, Essence, The Associated Press, and The 700 Club.
Sarah Jakes Roberts Quotes
- “Despite the many tears that threatened to dilute it, your faith did not dissolve. Your heart is still pumping. Your pulse is a sign that this world needs you.”
- “She caved into the pressure to be like everyone else and robbed the world of the wealth assigned to her truth.”
- “Keep the Promises You Make to Yourself”
- “There’s nothing wrong with not having figured out who you are, but so much can go wrong when you pretend that you have.”
- “If you can’t handle my no, it’s because you’re too comfortable abusing my yes.”
- “We must learn to practice integrity with ourselves before we can reasonably expect to receive it from anyone else.”
- “Pain touches every life, but if you’re open, it will also teach you a valuable life lesson.”
- “Imagine where your Light will take you when you begin to trust God and not the negative opinions or thoughts that live in your heart.”
- “Contrary to popular belief we do not just stumble into our decisions. Every emotion is connected to a thought and those thoughts produce action.”
- “If you’ve chosen to maintain an unhealthy mind-set out of fear of starting over, you will never be able to realize the full potential of your life.”
Top 10 Sarah Jakes Roberts Sermons
Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts is noted for her powerful lectures and messages that transcended cultural, religious, gender, and socioeconomic barriers all around the world. Some of her powerful sermons in include:
- Becoming a different person
- Coming out of hiding
- Why Isolation leads to Transformation
- Worth The Wait
- Call A Thing A Thing
- Buried Alive
- Victory Over Insecurity
- If These Walls Could Talk
- The Shadow of Greatness
- Break The Flow
Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts is estimated to have a net worth of $15 million.
You can find Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts on the below social media platforms: